Pages

REVIEW - Absolute New York Starry Eyed


So Medan Beauty Gram and Absolute New York held a makeup competition on 08 Feb-23 Feb.
We were given the theme Valentine / Chinese New Year makeup look, and we used all of Absolute NY makeup products at their counter in SOGO Sun Plaza.

I decided to go with Chinese New Year look, since Valentine has passed.



I lengthen my eyes with straight long liner, almost straight brows to give the innocent look, red lips as a symbol of CNY celebration, and some glitter in the inner corner & crease to add more festive look.

On 4th of March we gathered again at Absolute NY Counter in SOGO because they will announce 3 winners.
I didn't win the competition though, but I'm glad that I participated because I earned another experience :p
Besides of the winner announcement, Absolute NY introduced their newest product, which is Starry Eyed metallic liner.



Starry eyed consists of 5 metallics and 1 matte.
I used Solar on my crease & lunar on the inner corner [ as seen on my selfie above ]
My most favorite of all is the shade Lunar, because it is the perfecttttt shade for the inner corner T.T
Unluckily when I chose it, they're running out of stock, and so I went with Solar. I also received a dual ended lippie call Perfect Pair - Duo Parfait.

Swatches. excuse my messy drawing though
1. Starry Eyed metallic liner


Shade : Solar
Pigmentation : Very Good
Applicator : Stiff brush, makes it a bit hard to apply
Texture : Liquid, but not too watery, dry fast, and doesn't smudge
Price : Rp. 135.000

I absolutely love this liner, but would be happier if I had the Lunar one, it's amazing !

Rate : 5 out of 5


2. Perfect Pair - Duo Parfait


Shade : ALD01 Sugar & Spice
Pigmentation : Very Good
Texture : A bit dry, doesn't glide very smoothly on the lips
Price : Rp. 155.000

This lippie is dual ended, it has a lip liner on one side, and lipstick on the other side.
Honestly the color doesn't really blend very well together as a lip liner, since it is way darker than the lipstick itself. But they're great for Korean ombre lips.

Rate : 3.5 out of 5


Love,
Novita.s

No comments:

Post a Comment